This is a fabulous lazy weekend breakfast … or a little something special for Mother’s Day!
• 1 pint basket fresh, sweet red strawberries
• splash of crème de fraise (strawberry liqueur)
• ½ cup mascarpone
• ½ cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 tbsp. sugar
• a bar of good quality dark chocolate
• one recipe Bunnery Natural Foods Double Chocolate Pancakes or Waffles
Choose the ripest and most fragrant strawberries, remove stems and halve or quarter. Place in a bowl, toss with a splash of liqueur and a generous pinch crushed sea salt, and allow to macerate for a good half hour.
With an electric mixer or hand whisk beat the mascarpone, heavy whipping cream and sugar until thickened to the consistency of firmly whipped cream (do not to over whip or it will curdle). Cover and chill.
Bake the Bunnery Natural Foods double chocolate waffles or pancakes according to directions and layer with the whipped mascarpone cream and the macerated strawberries and their juice. Finish by shaving dark chocolate over the top with a vegetable peeler or microplane.